Please do not be put of with any legal requirements especially if you are starting a legal service or if you are self employed and you are on a limited budget, my only advise is if you are unsure of what documents to keep obtain legal advice form your accountant or solicitor, but below is a guide to get you started.
- Documents dealing with family matters such as wills, divorce and adoption
- Notices dealing with the consequences of late or non-payment or the termination of an agreement
- Court documents
- Product recall notices
- Notices sent with hazardous materials
- Original paper records of VAT records.
These need to be retained for no less than one VAT period for inspection by the VAT office. After a VAT return has been submitted, the original VAT records can then bescanned and filed electronically within the document record management system
- What happened to the paperless office? (theglobeandmail.com)
- Professor embraces – paperless philosophy’ (usforacle.com)