What Documents to keep (Paperless)

Is it advisable to remove and dispose of all your documents and paper, this is general thought of what documents and papers to keep, If you are thinking of starting a paperless office.

Please do not be put of with any legal requirements especially if you are starting a legal service or if you are self employed and you are on a limited budget, my only advise is if you are unsure of what documents to keep obtain legal advice form your accountant or solicitor, but below is a guide to get you started.

  • Documents dealing with family matters such as wills, divorce and adoption
  • Notices dealing with the consequences of late or non-payment or the termination of an agreement
  • Court documents
  • Product recall notices
  • Notices sent with hazardous materials
  • Original paper records of VAT records.

These need to be retained for no less than one VAT period for inspection by the VAT office. After a VAT return has been submitted, the original VAT records can then bescanned and filed electronically within the document record management system

Original vouchers for tax deducted or for tax credits.


About martin smith

A degree in Engineering Management ,who is just trying to make life a bit easier, for anyone who wishes to read these articles. View all posts by martin smith

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: