In the previous section we looked at the general introduction which gave us a good ides to what the regulations covered .This section will look at the original regulations and to see what the interpretations where back at the time of implementation which was the 8th march 2002.
In these Regulations
“advanced electronic signature” means an electronic signature—
(a) which is uniquely linked to the signatory,
(b) which is capable of identifying the signatory,
(c)which is created using means that the signatory can maintain under his sole control, and(d)which is linked to the data to which it relates in such a manner that any subsequent change of the data is detectable;
“certificate” means an electronic attestation which links signature-verification data to a person and confirms the identity of that person;
“qualified certificate” means a certificate which meets the requirements in Schedule 1 and is provided by a certification-service-provider who fulfils the requirements in Schedule 2;
“signatory” means a person who holds a signature-creation device and acts either on his own behalf or on behalf of the person he represents;
“signature-creation device” means configured software or hardware used to implement the signature-creation data;
- “signature-vertification data” means data (including, but not limited to, codes or public cryptographic keys) which are used for the purpose of verifying an electronic signature;
- “signature-vertification device” means configured software or hardware used to implement the signature-verification data;
- “voluntary accreditation” means any permission, setting out rights and obligations specific to the provision of certification services, to be granted upon request by the certification-service-provider concerned by the person charged with the elaboration of, and supervision of compliance with, such rights and obligations, where the certification-service-provider is not entitled to exercise the rights stemming from the permission until he has received the decision of that person.
- Exostar Achieves Cross-Certification with SAFE-BioPharma Bridge Certificate Authority (eon.businesswire.com)
- US Top Ten Bank Moves to Error-Free Signing of Consumer and Small Business Loans with Silanis e-Signatures (prweb.com)